Final exams for students in grades 9-11 begin on Thursday, June 15 and conclude on Wednesday, June 21. This intensified period of preparation and testing is designed to prepare students for the reality of examinations in advanced education and provide the faculty and administration with valuable information regarding the effectiveness of our curriculum and instructional practices.
During our final examination period, regular class sessions will be suspended. Students taking two exams in one day must arrive before 8:00 a.m. and remain in school until the conclusion of the second exam period at 2:15 p.m. Students taking only one exam on any given day must arrive on time for that exam and may leave campus when the exam period is concluded. Throughout the exam period, the library, cafeteria and computer lab in room 211 will be open for quiet study. Lunch will be served in the cafeteria from 10:45-11:45.
The schedule of exams is as follows:
Exam blocks A & B June 15 Thursday
Exam blocks C & D June 16 Friday
Exam Periods E & F June 19 Monday
Exam Periods G & make-up June 20 Tuesday
Exam make-up (am only)* June 21* Wednesday
* The last day of school, Wednesday, June 21st, is a ½ day (make-up day) for students and a full day for faculty. If students do not have exams, they do not need to come into school on this last day. Lunch will not be served on this day. Buses will run on the regular schedule throughout final exams.
THREE things of the best things you can do between now and June 14th to finish the year strong:
- Seek extra help from your teachers before and after school. Teachers are available until 3:00 pm in their classrooms Monday through Friday.
- The Homework Center is open Monday through Friday in room 207 immediately following dismissal and lasts until 5:00 p.m.
FINAL EXAM GUIDELINES
- Students who have two exams in one day must remain in school during the break between the AM and PM exams (10:45-11:45).
- Students may reschedule an exam due to school-sponsored activities or illness, but must obtain permission from a dean, vice principal or principal before scheduling a make-up exam.
- Underclassmen Final Exam grades will be recorded in a separate column on the final report card and will constitute 10% of the final grade.
- Students are required to remain in the testing classroom until the end of the exam period. Students are encouraged to bring reading or other school work in case they finish exams early. Cell phones and electronics will not be allowed; even for students who have completed their exam.
- A student who reports to school after 8:00 AM must report to the main office and will not be allowed into classrooms for testing without permission of a dean, a vice-principal or the principal.
JUNE 15-21, 2017
FINAL EXAMS - DAILY SCHEDULE
7:30 Cafeteria open for breakfast
8:15-8:45 Review period (pre-exam in class with teacher)
8:45-10:45 A.M. TWO HOUR EXAM
- Cafeteria - modified menu *
- Library open for quiet study
- Computer Labs - Rooms 211 and 214 open for quiet study
- Open Gym
* Food may be consumed only in cafeteria.
11:45 -12:15 Review period (pre-exam in class with teacher)
12:15-2:15 P.M. TWO HOUR EXAM
2:15 Student dismissal